The YMCA was founded on Christian principals and prohibits the inappropriate behavior and conduct. This includes, but not limited to, profanity or abusive language, attire, smoking/vaping, use of alcohol or drugs, the removal of YMCA property or criminal conduct of any type. Such inappropriate behavior is unacceptable, and the YMCA consequently retains the right to deny memberships to its applicants and to revoke a membership of any current member or participants at its sole discretion.
The purpose of welcoming guests into our facility is to evaluate the Y and to absorb how the Y is distinguished as a staple in the community. A guest form including the Y liability waiver must be signed prior to entry. Guest must observe the same policies and restrictions that are set for all members.
- Guest must be 18 and will be allowed entrance up to 4x without a membership.
- Daily guest fee is $10 per person per day.
- To enter as a guest the account must have $0 balance.
We encourage individuals who require assistance while using the facility to bring their own caregiver with a Dr Note. Caregivers are required to sign a guest waiver and only enter with the member. If the caregiver wishes to use the facility on their own, they must have a valid membership.
Under Title 3 of the ADA the Y allows people with disabilities to bring in service animals onto business premises in areas where general customers are allowed!
Membership cancellation requires a completed termination form 15 days prior to the draft date in order to avoid an additional monthly draft. If you do not meet this requirement, you will receive an additional draft that is non-refundable. Accounts paid in full for the year will not receive refunds.
Phone calls are not an acceptable method of cancellation
DUES, RATES, LATE PAYMENTS, RETURNED FEES & INSUFFICIENT FUNDS
- Membership dues paid annually are non-refundable.
- Cash payments are invoiced on the 1st day of the month. Any payments not received by the last day of the month could result in termination.
- Defaulted cash pay accounts will need to bring account to current and set up on a bank draft or pay in advance.
- Any account receiving a returned draft or insufficient funds will result in a $35 NSF Fee applied by the YMCA and account will be placed on hold until the account is cleared. If account is not cleared within 60 days of the due date the account will be terminated. Members are responsible for payment of automatic drafts not honored by the bank or credit card company. The YMCA fee is in addition to any charge that may be imposed by the bank or credit card company.
- The Y drafts accounts only on 2 days of the month. You may choose the 1st or the 15th for your draft.
- In the event any YMCA account becomes delinquent for any reason the YMCA reserves the right to refer the account for collections.
- Accounts can only be placed on hold by the primary account holder.
- There must be a start date & end date on the form.
- After the end date, the account will return to "Active" status and billing will resume.
- Hold accounts can be placed for up to 90 days.
- Accounts may not be placed on consecutive holds.
- Each member (13+) will be issued a scan card upon joining to be scanned each time when entering the building.
- You may use the Y mobile app in place of your physical card to scan or avoid the $3 replacement card fee if your card is misplaced.
- Membership cards cannot be shared or loaned to another individual to gain access to the facility. This will result in loss of membership privileges.
LOCKER ROOM USAGE
- Please follow all signage posted on locker room entryways.
- Men & Women locker rooms are 18+ only.
- For liability purposes only adults 18+ may use the sauna & steam room.
- Girls & Boys locker rooms are for minors under 18. Parents with children should also utilize this locker room.
- Any individual in need of a special requested changing area may use the dressing room within the therapy pool area.
LOCKER ROOM RENTAL
- Day use is free.
- Locker rental is $5 monthly or $60 yearly.
- Mini personal lockers are located at the bottom of the stairway small enough for phones, keys, wallets and are free to use.
LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS
The YMCA will not be liable or responsible for any personal injuries, or loss, or damage to personal property sustained by the member while using the YMCA facility.
- We ask that you please limit use to 20 minutes, while people are waiting. Please wipe down cardio equipment after use.
- You are required to re-rack dumbbells and weight plates after you have finished your workout. Jeans are not permitted.
- Jeans often have studs, rivets and zippers which may tear the fabric on benches. Bare feet, socks only or sandals are NOT permitted (except during certain group exercise classes).
- Ages 11 and under are NOT permitted to use equipment unless authorized to do so by a wellness staff member and parent or guardian.
- Ages 12-14 must be supervised by an adult member 18 or older while using equipment.
- Ages 15 and older are permitted use of the equipment without supervision, but must do so following all policy's and posted signage.
- Appropriate attire is expected in the common areas.
- Appropriate athletic shoes are required in the gym, classrooms, fitness area and track.
- Hard soled, non-athletic or black marking shoes are not allowed in the gym or on the track.
- In the pool, swimsuits are required. No halters, string bikinis, cut-offs or thongs allowed.
- Clothing with obscene language or images is not permitted.
Foul, abusive, vulgar, inappropriate language or gestures are not permitted on the premise. Anyone not following this guideline is subject to suspension or termination without refund.
ALCOHOL, TOBACCO & VAPING
- Use of tobacco products (including vapes), alcohol, illegal drugs and gambling is prohibited in the YMCA building, parking lot, surrounding property and during YMCA programs at offsite locations.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed access to the building or allowed to participate in YMCA sponsored programs or events.
- This includes any person smelling of marijuana, upon entrance of the YMCA you will be denied access.
SEX OFFENDER POLICY
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA immediately reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation and remove visitation access.
You must park in the designated parking areas. Only use one parking space per vehicle. Overflow parking is available to the left of the building. If all parking is full, you may park next door at the VA Museum of Natural History. Parking beside the fence or in unlined spaces prohibits the flow of traffic and can result in towing from the premise. Handicapped spaces are available.